Saturday, December 02, 2006

men's breakfast

Josh is at the Men's breakfast at church this morning, so I've been goofing off at home, playing on the internet, catching up on emails, it's been nice.
I updated this weblog a little... title, about me page... I still have to work on the links. The links sidebar is sad.

I really like our apartment. I like living with Josh, he keeps the kitchen clean. He's nice to me. We have fun. Last night we just stayed home and chilled, and it was great. I made him dinner and brownies for dessert. Even though it was nothing in particular, it was one of the sweetest evenings of my life.

Today the plan for the day is go to Goodwill and find something random for my Secret Santa. I have to be able to throw them off with the first couple of presents to make sure they have no idea who they are coming from. My goal is to find something that says, "This is from an old lady who crochets and smokes Virginia Slims, two packs a day."

Our church doesn't actually call it Secret Santa, because, as my friend Chaz pointed out, that's like, sacreligious or something, but that is the general idea. He had some good ideas for further presents to throw my secret pal off the scent: potholders with roosters or cows on them; crocheted underwear; saddle bags.

Hopefully my secret pal doesn't have internet, because I totally intend on showing you all what I come up with today.

(Yes I will eventually give them a nice gift. But only after I play up the sweet old church lady giving gifts to the fullest extent.)

No comments: