Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday Snow

So this whole snow thing is kind of getting old. It's not melting like it supposed to. It's just big, frozen sheets of snow-ice now.

But I can't complain too much, Josh is driving me to work everyday and that is actually a lot of fun. I don't like driving very much anyway, and it means I get to see his smiling face that much longer. Awww. Newlyweds.

A patient called me today and said THANK YOU. I just about fainted at my desk. Part of my job, just everyday, for most every patient, is to go through mind-numbing mountains of paperwork and duke-it-out with insurance companies to prove to them that a person needs a certain medication covered so, oh, I don't know, SO THEIR HEART CAN FUNCTION. Yah, and preferably I can make it through all these steps and loop-holes before they die. Sometimes I think I just annoy patients by calling them and reminding them at which step of the process we are in - the worst is when I have to call them and tell them we've been denied for the 3rd time and let's try Medicare "Part T" or whatever the government thinks up next.

I really do genuinely enjoy doing this though, because it is very satisfying at the end when a person can get the help they need. This particular patient's case I worked on for a few weeks and next year they will be completely covered. I've never had anyone call me back though, just to say thank you. It was amazing, it was genuine, I felt truly blessed. It came on a good day, too, a Monday!

So many things in life I forget to say thank you for... God has provided so much and His blessings abound. The thank you from the patient today brought to mind what I was reading last week, Luke 17 - we studied in Sunday School for Thanksgiving. Ten lepers were healed, but only one came back to thank Jesus. Jesus asked, "Were not all ten cleansed? Where are the other nine?"

Dude, where am I some of the time? With those other nine, wherever they are?

No comments: