I did visit my granpa last weekend and spent a lot of time by a bedside making awkward conversation with other relatives and harrassing nurses because it seems that nurses are intimidated by the fact that there are three Registered Nurses who are family members of the pt and who are always there and practically do everything themselves, including drop the NG Tube (yes we are that awesome) when three other nurses and the doctor couldn't get it to the stomach.
Did I mention I have always been very good at dropping NG tubes. Not IV starts, no, but NG tubes, yes. Dang. If only people needed more NG tube droppage, I'd get paid the big bucks.
Anyway, he is in stable condition. Out of ICU, off the floor and into the nursing home. Then they sent him back to the hospital cause of pneumonia, then back to the nursing home. So I think this will continue for awhile because they haven't gotten rid of the pneumo. He's weak and tired.
They were supposed to come with us to Cali, but now it is just me, my two aunts, yvette's parents and me. We are renting a house!
Thursday, May 03, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment