Josh had all these star trek ornaments from his youth as a hip wittle trekkie nerd, so I incorporated them into the nativity scene. You know, it's that Star Trek Movie 14 where they go back in time, sling around the sun and shoot the bad guys away from the manger scene. Then they realign the star and the wise men can follow it.
I know, sacrilege. Next time I'll put them on the Christmas tree instead. 'Cause next year we'll actually have room for a tree! 'Cause we're in our new house! Yah!!
My new favorite thing, our fireplace. Our has house natural gas for the fireplace, range, heater... yahhhh. It's sweet. No more radiators. No more baseboards.
My friend took this picture from our backyard. I refuse to go out in the freezing weather to take pictures of the outside of the house for you, but you can look at the rest of the inside on flickr. I'm totally excited to figure out how I want to decorate the house and re-paint and whatnot. This house was built in 1994, and it is totally nineties. The gas fireplace, the power outlet in the mantle (lolz!), the Formica forrest green kitchen countertops, the print on the linoleum, etc. Not to mention the living rooms walls are this brown baby poo color. It's so dark and weird, but I guess woodsy colors were in at some point. The master bedroom is greeeeen, so I want to lighten that up a little bit. I may even go mod and do wide stripes of two colors (i've heard it makes a cieling appear taller? i could use that.) and actually color coordinate. Who knows. I'll have to have some help though with colors, little known fact I have that blue/green or red or some sort of color blindness. I forget since they all get mixed up and I only see what my eyes want me to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment