There are certain duties a nurse must perform within the time constraints of her shift. And then there's charting. "Because if you don't chart it, it never happened!"
Every time I started to chart today I was interrupted, almost immediately. There were probably five charts floating out there somewhere at any given time today with notes started that just end abruptly with no signature and no punctuation.
Mr. So and So wandering around, not even our patient, collapses, of course closest to me. Nurse calls in sick, nurses go home sick, adding more procedures, more patients.
I stayed late to chart 'cause I'm one of THOSE now. Second day in a row. Bah. Charting.
I can't even keep a written diary anymore. It starts like,
"1700
Nursing
Pt -- I mean, uh, me...
uh, dear diary?------------------------
-Blabbity blab, R.N.
"
At least it's not like the olden days when I had to write in green if I was EVE shift and red if I was NOC. Or was it the other way around? I always messed my pen colors up badddd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment