Monday, August 04, 2008

vancouver

I'm in Vancouver - I really do like this city. It's bigger than I thought, and pretty. More bums than Seattle - but also prettier and more park-like than Seattle - and definitely a very urban crowd, tons of condos - fun nightlife.

The conference is going well, since it was supposed to be in Whistler and now it's here - the schedule is all messed up, logistics wise it's a little rough - and we have to stay in lectures longer than normal - really good lectures, amazing faculty, but a little tough being inside all day while it is so so so sunny and nice outside and there is so much I want to see!

Amazing restaraunts to choose from - had chinese last night. Before that - steaks. Will probably head to Stanley Park today. Hit up Cactus Club for some food...

All in all, good to get away and definitely inspiring career wise to be hearing and learning from all these smart people. :-)

No comments: