My friends are getting married tomorrow. I've known both of them a long time. I like to tell stories about Mark when he was thirteen, high on Mountain Dew and annoyed a southern kid named Brian and his precious little bulliten board. Or stories about Mark when he was 18, high on Mountain Dew and annoyed a southern kid named Brian... well i guess things don't change too much. But really, he's mature, and it's weird, but it's right. And he takes care of his girl. Oh, and he's talented and a good worker. And I'm really proud that I'm his friend.
I like to tell stories about Cass when she was thirteen and wrote out a newsletter to a group of homeschooled kids with little stories about changing the world, making a difference, teenage angst and Edgar Allen Poe, doing what's right, and of course a lot of jokes and goofy stuff. Since then I have seen her change the world, one person at a time, in her hometown, on a reservation, in a foreign country, at her school, here in my own town and in her church. I've also seen a lot of jokes and goofy stuff from her, too. And I can't get my parents and grandparents to stop asking about her, the "dairy farm kid" and the brother who orders a peanut butter sandwich with a side of epi-Pens.
The wedding isn't until tomorrow and yet I can't stop myself from crying. I know I tend to cry at friend's weddings, but I've never cried because I wasn't able to go to one. I'm so happy for them. It came so fast! We were all so little before... and now we're all sort of grown up, so soon.
So tonight Josh finds me crying and typing on his laptop - I am a sobbing mess. We prayed together for Cass and Mark and that God will pour his blessings down on them. I'm pretty sure some of my prayers are a lot more sincere than other prayers, and this one was one of the most serious and sincere prayers I've ever found myself praying.
I miss you, Cass, and I will see you soon, you married woman, you. I love you both very much and wish you every happiness in the world. I am so very glad you are getting married.
No comments:
Post a Comment