Saturday, March 24, 2007

I can not think of a more perfect end to a perfect day, Josh's graduation from college day:

This pic's my favorite

I am so proud of Josh. I started junior college with Josh in the Fall of 2000. When he was activated with the ARMY in 2003 and could not continue in his studies after his associates degree, he had a great attitude, even out in the desert in crappy conditions around crappy military stuff, even through his 2-year extension with the military - he came back to finish out his degree. His senior year he got married (to me of all people!), had three jobs at one point, worked nights, took over pastoring a church in a full-time position that paid nothing - all beginning in just our first month of our marriag - man, just thinking about it, he took on so many other responsibilities and bills and on top of that full loads of classes that were very time-consuming. And a very time-consuming wife, I might add. Heidi needs entertainment! Quality time! Dinners at home! ;-)

Heidi and Josh

Josh, today I not only celebrate you finishing college, I celebrate your great and loving attitudes towards me, the church members, your co-workers and your family. You have endured the past four years with not just a grin and bear it, but a happy, joyful attitude. I am amazed. I do not know why you were activated for so long and sent away, and why the university delayed your enrollment - twice, or why the pastor left so abruptly and you filled the place - or even why school just has to be so hard. But I do know that God's grace is sufficient for us and that He has given us more love and joy than I can hold in my heart today. I love you very, very much. The rainbow at sunset tonight reminded me so deeply that each big event that occurs in our life is of God's design.

It's been raining so much lately here in Western Washington, everything has turned to mud. Today at Josh's graduation we were absolutely soaked walking to and from the building. The rain has been getting everyone down. There has been no signs of spring. It seems like winter weather will never end. I couldn't remember how many weeks it has been since I saw the sunshine. So tonight, seeing the clouds break open and a huge, bright rainbow filling the sky, well, it reminded me how important God's promises are, and how God is our hope. With God there is always, always hope.

So, with Josh's graduation and his bachelor's studies behind us, we are full of hope for things to come as we travel down our road set out before us:

Our street that leads to home

No comments: