I found the coolest church ladies ever.
They play cards! Hand and foot, canasta, stuff like that.
I used to play cards with my aunts and cousins all the time, up until 2 AM sometimes - although I only stayed til like 9:30 last night, but I was only planning on staying until 8 at the latest. They were so much fun.
I was the youngest, second youngest was 55 years old, most in their 60s and 70s I think...
It's funny, but I loved it. I loved hanging out and hearing stories about where they lived, what they've done... it was fun.
And they're wicked competitive, which reminds me of my extended family, who I miss being near to. Sometimes it's not so bad right now to be farther away, 'cause we can drive down on holidays and things - but sometimes I wonder what I miss out on. And my friends have the cutest little girls, and everytime I see them they're bigger and bigger and I wish I was there every weekend to spoil those girls. And I know when, if we have a baby I would wish I was closer to everyone. But that's what cars are for. And ferries, etc.
In any event, we're up here, and I have really cool car lady friends now, and they only live down the street which I was ecstatic about.
Last night me and Josh and Keith went to see the action flick, "Wanted". Bang bang, shoot shoot. It was basically a comic book, put into a movie form. I think it worked well I could've done without the young adult angsty narration by the main character like every five seconds... but without a lot of plot and just a whole lot of action, what else were they to do with the extra time?
I'm going to the park today 'cause it's nice out. Bringing a book. Peace out world, it's Saturday my one day off!
Saturday, June 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment