Before church yesterday I actually remembered to get supper started. Josh has this fabulous spaghetti sauce he makes that we have tweaked here and there over the years, but he's been making it for me since 2002! So yesterday morning I thought I would try it myself.
I chopped up two cups of mushrooms and a green bell pepper and sauted in some EVOO. I cooked some super-lean ground beef and combined with those Classico tomatoe sauce into the slow-cooker. I added Josh's secret ingredients, olives and some good garlic and salt and all that, and wa-la, when we got home from church there was some delicious marinara-type meat sauce to pour over our spaghetti noodles. Letting it slow-cook really makes it like ten times better! Throw in a bag of ceasar salad and garlic bread and it was sooo goood. I really love food.
Josh has finals this week. I'm really proud of him, he has worked hard this quarter, and he only has one more to go before he finishes his bachelor's!
I'm a good wife and I edited his research paper. Guess those years of journalism classes paid off for something.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment