Sunday, November 18, 2007

sitting house

So, we're house-sitting/dog-sitting again. Well Josh is dog-sitting, I don't touch the dog, look at the dog - yah, I pretty much ignore the dog. I mean, I let it outside once 'cause it was whining. The dog hair is making me sneeze all night long.

This house is rather large, the houses we housesit at are larger, expensive homes with expensive things inside - I guess people with small homes and inexpensive things don't need people to housesit for them.

This weekend has been pretty low-key on purpose. Last week we were still in Oklahoma, next weekend we'll be at The Farm for Thanksgiving so that is going to be a full four-day weekend that I am totally looking forward to.

Friday night was fun 'cause Josh was finally home from the conference work thing so we rented some movies: "License to Wed", "The Queen" and "Paris, Je T'aime". We watched License to Wed and it was pretty funny, on Saturday we stayed home and watched "The Queen." Well okay I tried to watch the Paris movie but man, I just kept falling asleep. People talking in French quietly with awkward stares at each other, well, that just is so soothing and sleepy.

After I watched The Queen I was just like, so on the queen's side man, I mean like, I don't know a lot about Britain n'stuff, but she's the queen, The Queen, so, I don't see why people were givin' her such a hard time, man, you know, she should be givin' them a hard time - like - off with their heads. Yah. The Queen is cool.

This morning at church I taught Sunday School as usual, and now for the first time my class is mostly 3-6th graders. Which is excellent, because now we can all play the same games and learn the same Bible stories and I don't have to worry about knocking over any preschoolers and kindergartners that may have slipped underfoot(another lady volunteered to teach them).

Our classroom is all finished, with a huge sea-life mural on each side, and the far wall is chalkboard paint that we can use chalk on and it just comes off! Imagine! Chalk! Drawing on the wall! Not getting in trouble for drawing on the wall!

The kids were drunk with freedom. There's like six inches of chalk dust on the floor, haha.

No comments: