This is my #1000 post on this blog.
I talk about crap a lot on here.
The memorial service went really well. The church was packed out with friends, family and patients. Josh did a great job with the sermon and it was what Keith would've wanted- a salvation message as his last message.
Josh and Vicki are staying with us for the weekend which is nice - they are so low-key and go along with the flow, which is good on a crazy weekend like this.
I was so happy to see Matt and Delayna and Beth and Jonathan (and Keira the new baby!) - so glad they came up.
I'm very happy to be here and have no regrets at all that we took on pastoring this church and staying up north here, but it is always nice to be around the friends we consider family. Sometimes I feel like we are on our mission trip here, but we have the privilige of being able to go home to P-bo which is close by (relatively) and enjoy the love and watch our friend's families grow up. Sometimes I feel like where we are now is home, too. We made friends here, friends like Keith, who are considered family.
All in all, I am glad the funeral and the punch and cookie time and all of that is over and we can just sit at home and watch Michael Phelps win medals for USA in the Olympics.
Saturday, August 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment