We had bok! choy! tonight! bok! bok! choy!
Anyway, I think the month of April deserves some applause. It has been the most dreadful, snowy, rainy, coldest and LONGEST winter I have seen in my 23 years living in the Pacific Northwest. It wasn't particularly the MOST snow, the MOST rain, or the coldest EVER - or anything, just the most of all of the above, for an extended period of unrelenting time. And now, finally, the last few weekends in April, some sun here and there, and tolerably above freezing (most of the time). And flowerbuds.
Bad weather or not, we lived April to it's fullest and I have no complaints about the past month at all, it's been an immense lift to my spirits:
Josh took a full weekend off, so we both had the same two days off which never happens, and he took me to Seattle to be tourists and stay in a nice hotel. I always heard couples (usually older) talk about how it's important to get away, together, and how just getting away helps and whatever, I don't really know what they say about it exactly that is about the point that I start drifting off -- anyway, they are probably right. I felt like we were on vacation for five days, and I got home so refreshed, and felt closer and that I got to know Josh even better, and made memories - it was just, awesome.
Okay more pictures from that because all parts were fun:
We had brunch at the top of the Space Needle thus giving us free admission to the observation deck and much snapping of fotos.
The Seattle Center, Monorail, and downtown shopping are always fun, and I liked being Josh's tourguide (somewhat not so expert but lovable tourguide).
We met up with Michael Saturday night to see the Mariner's play what you could call baseball and catch a comedy show.
Weekend after that:
Took the train to stay with Lynnae (cousin) in Portland. Happened to be Earth Day weekend (Earth Day is a two week long event in Portland I guess). So, I saw pretty much the hippiest of the hippies, I'm pretty sure. I could be mistaken. But I'm pretty sure I'm not. It was fun though, but very cold. It was snowing at my house but luckily I was much farther south at the time - but Lynnae travels via bicycle, and so in all my pictures you see I am bundled up. FOUR layers. Brrr.
Meanwhile the church had sader, seder, sedar service and Josh will talk you ear off about it and how great it was, etc. etc. - Josh being the new pastor it was the first time this church had participated I think in a all-church thing, like this. Our sister church is messianic church and they do the whole sh-bang, so we will probably be participating more with these things I think. At least we would very much like to. I wish I had more to say about this but unfortunately I missed it due to me taking the train home. Which was a very enjoyable ride. Ahhh. Cars, never again.
Last weekend we stuck around and learned more about the history of our town. Not really though because the festival that was celebrating the town's founder was like a nonevent and we must've gone at the wrong time or something because there was no-one around except a guy selling kettle corn. But we stuck around town anyway, and it was fun. And people stacked rocks (impressive, actually, you should really check that out. I tried, so did Josh, but it was not half as impressive as those other rocks. For a few minutes I dreamed of what it would be like to stack big pointy rocks on top of little smooth round rocks for a living. But then I realized you can't make a living off of that.)
I really do like living up here, but I also like getting away and seeing other places. April, you've impressed me - but I am so ready for SPRING weather. Please?
P.S. I added photos to our "new home" set so you can see what it looks like with furniture and things, for those of you not able to come stop by!
No comments:
Post a Comment