The weekend was fun - especially Saturday we went to Pike Place Market and then to Michael's 30th birthday party at his aunt's house in Ballard - it was quite the bash, lots of people, my friends that I love so much were there too, and a jazz band (ooee) and foods and drinks and the house there is just one of those spectacular homes you see on those cable shows or whatever. It was fun though because we just had a good time together. When I upload the pictures to Flickr I think the cheese and wine pairings by myself and Justin were memorable moments.
Easter was pretty good overall at church. The Egg Hunt got rained out so we did it inside - those kids were intensely searching every nook and cranny of the building but I am sure we will be finding easter eggs for at least a few more weeks.
Josh created a commotion by using real bread for communion that people had to share and break off a piece. Some freaked out about germs and that "other people had touched the bread before them!" I found it very entertaining, and I think they should replace the teeny tiny communion cups with a big chalice that everyone has to drink out of and see what happens. Kidding...
My parents and aunt came up to visit after church and my mom made chicken or something, I'm not sure. It had been such a long weekend already preparing church for Easter and rehearsing music, etc. that I was all but in a coma by the time we sat down for supper.
Today has been especially hard because I had to confront a very loved Christian friend about a big, big problem. I've been putting it off and putting it off, but sin is sin and you have to call it as it is.
This ministry thing is so hard during these times - blahweoifadkaldfjakfd.
Monday, March 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment